These are so many details that you, as a bride, are choosing specifically for your big day where you’ll marry your best friend! Not to mention, the details you’re choosing specifically for YOU – choosing a wedding dress, deciding what jewelry to wear, whether you want a veil or not, what to do with your hair and makeup, etc.
I’ve always found it helpful when I see pictures of my options, and then I can choose more easily exactly what I want. So if that is how you feel too, this post is for you!
I’ve put together 5 popular and beautiful hairstyles that brides choose for their wedding day in partner with my friend Katy Reddell, who gets every bit of the credit for creating these gorgeous styles! She is an amazing hair and makeup artist in Texas and if any of the following styles are exactly what you’re envisioning, she’s your girl!
- Half-Up/Half-Down – This is such a soft and romantic look for brides who love having their hair down a majority of the time! It gives you a more dressed up look, but keeps you looking and feeling your most comfortable self.
2. Braid and Low Bun – if I could go back to my wedding day, this is exactly how I would want my hair to be! Katy has made the braid so pronounced, but blends it beautifully with soft curls to create a very classic and romantic look. This one is nothing but dreamy and timeless!
3. Tousled Long Braid – this hairstyle is one that brides with long hair can definitely take advantage of! Even if you don’t have long hair, but this is your dream style for your wedding day, consider getting extensions to be able to make this perfectly tousled and gorgeous style a reality!
4. Classic All-Down with Waves – this one is such a classic and beautiful style! Keeping your hair down and adding some intentionally shaped waves to it creates this iconic look that you’ll love to see in your wedding photos.
5. Relaxed Waves and Braid – this is another beautiful style that incorporates that beautiful braid and also gives you the comfort of having most of your hair down! This one gives you a dressed-up look that is perfect for your wedding day, but keeps some of your hair down to softly frame your face.
I love all of these beautiful styles that Katy has created and to be honest, I’m ready to schedule an anniversary session just to have an excuse to try one out! Hopefully these images will help you narrow down exactly what look you’re going for on your wedding day and let you mark the checkmark on that detail.